For those of you who don't know what's going on here, I'm participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon, which means I'll be reading (with breaks only for blogging my updates) for the next 24 hours straight!
My goals for this read-a-thon are the following:
- Don't fall asleep! (Last time I fell asleep, but only for about 15 minutes, so I'm almost there!)
- Read 1200 pages (More than my goal last time, but less than I actually read, so doable!)
- Squeeze a couple of mini challenges.
- Do more commenting! Last time I just read other people's blogs and didn't comment enough.
- Don't get a tummy ache from poor choices of snack foods.
My reading list, in no particular order:
- Charmed Season 9 Volume 1 by Paul Ruditis (graphic novel) (150 pages)
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman (162 pages)
- The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More by Roald Dahl (225 pages)
- The Twits by Roald Dahl (76 pages)
- Against the Fall of Night by Arthur C. Clarke (155 pages)
- The Dark Victorian: Risen by Elizabeth Watasin (e-book) (97 pages)
- Bandwidth by Angus Morrison (e-book) (232 pages)
- Anything else on my shelves that I feel like reading!
|My book pile is so wimpy this time!|
In the last read-a-thon, I just updated one long post every two hours, because I was blogging on my genealogy blog and didn't want to annoy my readers with a whole bunch of off-topic posts. But this time, I have a book blog! So I'll be posting separate posts every hour, and flooding everyone's feed readers. :)
Without further ado, let the reading begin! I'll be starting off with The Twits by Roald Dahl, because it's early and Roald Dahl is delightful.