Bout of Books is over! My goals were not very concrete, but I think it's safe to say that I didn't reach them. I ended up being rather busy, so my extra reading efforts just made me read as much as I normally would. And as for my Goodreads challenge, I'm still 4 books behind, the same as at the start of the read-a-thon. So, at least I didn't fall any further behind!
Here's what I read over the last week:
- I read a bit more of Talisman of El, and then abandoned it.
- I continued reading The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll.
- I continued listening to Memnoch the Devil.
- I read The Enchanted Truth.
- I read most of Quarantine.
I'll probably do the next Bout of Books, if I'm free. There will be a poll up soon on the Bout of Books blog to decide when it will be.
So, I don't know when that one will be, but I think I'm read-a-thon free until October, when I'll be doing the FrightFall Read-a-Thon in the first week, and of course Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon later on in the month. (While I'm not really that good at week-long read-a-thons, I go ALL OUT on the 24 hour ones. You gotta be there.)