If you're just tuning in, I'm participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon, which means I'll be reading (with breaks only for blogging my updates) for the next 24 hours straight! This time, I'll be going back to updating every 2 hours, because last time I did every hour, and I found that it took too much time away from reading, and also I ran out of amusing things to say.
My goals for the read-a-thon this time around are as follows:
- Don't fall asleep! (I've had mixed success with this in the past.)
- Read all 7 of the books I've picked out. They add up to 1363 pages, which is slightly more than I read in my first read-a-thon, and a lot more than I read in my second (which, for a variety of reasons, did not go as well as I'd hoped).
- Do more commenting! This is always my goal. I'm never that good at it.
My reading list:
- The Capture (Animorphs #6) by K.A. Applegate (154 pages)
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (391 pages)
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl (160 pages)
- The Stranger (Animorphs #7) by K.A. Applegate (163 pages)
- The Andalite's Gift (Megamorphs #1) by K.A. Applegate (240 pages)
- Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler (177 pages)
- Dr. Horrible, and Other Horrible Stories by Zack Whedon (graphic novel) (78 pages)
In other news, I now have a beanbag chair! We recently purchased a Jaxx Pillow Sac, which is a really, really good beanbag chair. So I will be trying out read-a-thoning in that.
Oh, and in case you didn't see my post yesterday, for every book I read in the next 24 hours, I will donate one book to Strathcona Community School through the Indigo Adopt-a-School program! Click here to cheer me on by donating to my adopted school!
Let the reading begin! I'll be starting the day with The Capture by K.A. Applegate.