It's time for the 9th Annual Canadian Book Challenge! I participated in the 6th and 7th challenges (not successfully) and missed the 8th. In that time, reading Canadian books has become a more important priority for me. The main obstacle is the huge number of American books I already have on my shelves, waiting to be read, but in the last year or so I've collected a fair few Canadian ones as well, so this challenge is doable without even doing any book shopping.
The challenge is to read 13 Canadian books between Canada Day this year (July 1) and Canada Day next year. I'll list the books below as I read them, and link to the reviews as I write them. I'm looking forward to reading some great Canadian books, and sharing them with you!
- From Anna by Jean Little
- A Safe Girl to Love by Casey Plett
- Secrets Found in Gimli by Diane Alexander
- Frog Music by Emma Donoghue
- Winds of L'Acadie by Lois Donovan
- Stealing Nasreen by Farzana Doctor
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- No Humans Allowed (Women of the Otherworld #7) by Kelley Armstrong
- Sugar Falls: A Residential School Story by David Alexander Robertson
- The Nest by Kenneth Oppel
- Fairest of All (Whatever After #1) by Sarah Mlynowski
- Word Nerd by Susin Nielsen
- The Prairie Dog Conspiracy by Eric Wilson